We often starve to reduce our waistline by a few inches and we name it dieting. It is a known fact that exercise and diet help us in losing weight but an interesting fact is that starving causes our metabolism to slow down and save the fat thus increasing our weight.
So instead of starving and gaining weight, we can fight fat by eating; but eating slightly different varieties than usual. Here is a list of foods that can help in fighting fat.
1. Almonds: Almonds are rich in alpha- lenolenic acid which fights fat effectively. Studies show that dieters who consume almonds reduce their BMI by 18% than non- dieters who don’t consume almonds and reduce by 11%. One can consume a handful (not more than 12) every day.
2. Citrus fruits: According to a research conducted by Arizona state university, people who consume citrus family fruits like strawberries, oranges and berries oxidize their fat by 30% while doing normal exercises.
3. Eggs: eggs are the whole package you want to have while trying to lose weight. While it has as less as 85 calories, egg is rich in protein, zinc, iron, vitamins A,D,C. Eating eggs in breakfast keeps you full for longer time than usual.
4. Fish: Fish is rich in omega 3 fatty acids which fight fat efficiently. Apart from this fish also keeps your heart healthy.
5. Soybean: soybean contains lecithin which reduces fats and breaks down the fatty deposits in the body. Lecithin derived from soybean helps in controlling cholesterol and triglycerides and increases HDL (good cholesterol).
6. Pomegranate: pomegranates have high amounts of folates and anti- oxidants, low in calories and high in fiber and it also satisfies the desire to eat something sweet without gaining calories.
7. Tomatoes: oligofructose is the main ingredient of tomatoes that sustains the effect of cholecystokinin (cck) in the stomach which is produced by small intestine in response to the fats and generate the feeling of fullness and thus reduce overeating.
8. Cinnamon: according to USDA researchers, consuming quarter to one teaspoon of cinnamon per day will reduce twenty times more sugar than normal. Less sugar means less fat storage which implies weight loss.
9. Lentils: lentils are perfect belly flatteners. With high protein and soluble fibers, they definitely reduce the fat levels in the body.
10. Yogurt or curd: eating calcium- rich, fat free yogurt will speed up body fat burning mechanism and ensure weight loss.
Including these in the daily diet with regular exercise, it should be easy to reduce the body fat amd reduce the belly.